Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Friends Inspire: Sheva


Meet my friend Sheva Schuck, the wonderful and charismatic individual whom I first met a long time ago at a boutique in Laguna Beach.  If my memory serves me correctly. =) She is one creative lady and it shows through and through with her style and her designs. I can't refrain myself from 'ooohing' and 'aahhing' from the outfits she wears. And her hair! She's got the good hair! Check out her website Sheva Schuck Jewelry and visit her blog West Native

Birthdate: July 2nd Sign: Cancer

Occupation: Jewelry Designer

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Who's your style icon?:
My mom circa 1970-1979. She traveled the world in her teens and early twenties and wore some pretty epic outfits. I never tire of looking through her photo albums.

How would you describe your sense of style?:
All over the place! It generally depends on what music or movies I'm into at the time and also what type of jewelry collection I'm working on. One thing that is always consistent is an element of playfulness.

What are your top favorite items in your closet?:
1)the weird and quirky antique jewelry my boyfriend showers me with. He travels for work a lot and always returns home with some new bling.

2) My growing collection of vintage ponchos. I know it's ridiculous and costumey, but I love wearing them with my tall fringy Minnetonka moccasins. I do this year round in spite of the fact I live in LA.

And what is on your wish list?:
(in order of desirability)
1) Every style of Swedish Hasbeens in a variety of colors
2) Mexican embroidered dresses and other Frida Kahlo-inspired pieces
3) The perfect pair of cut-off denim shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...